October 28, 2019
Analysis: Raid on ISIS
Leader Was a Victory Built
on 2 Factors Trump Derides
- President Trump cast the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State, as validation of his disengagement strategy in Syria.
- But it required intelligence agencies and allies he has spurned.
October 28, 2019
The Fog of [Intra-Capitalist] War
Analysis of the NYT 'Analysis'
- It's worthless.
- There is no 2.
A Real Analysis
- Assassinations are now a feature of U.S. foreign policy. For those who are still squeamish about it, assassinations are called "he died" after a special forces operational "victory."
- The U.S. foreign policy of the "Assad must go" regime change in Syria is an utter failure.
- An unpunished assassination is an injury to the sovereignty of the state in which it occurs, especially when the assassin brags about his feat. In the context of Russia's effort to restore Syrian sovereignty, the assassination is a blemish on that effort. As a reverse cui bono, this is probably its intent. Outside the realm of propaganda, it has no effect.
- Other benefits, such as to the psychopathic sadism of leading U.S. politicians and to their popularity ratings, will go unanalyzed in this short summary.
- In a long historical perspective, the U.S., in its now century-old campaign to eradicate communism, sought an alliance with religion. Seeing the atheism of communism as a threat, religions made common cause with the U.S. In their short-sighted enthusiasm for the alliance, they failed to perceive it as a mere component of U.S. imperialism. When the latter, inevitably, became obvious, some religionists, in a desperate reaction to their betrayal, became terrorists.
- The U.S.'s multi-trillion dollar arsenal of the nuclear megatonnage version of Nazi V-weapons is useless against its self-created terrorists. Hence, its reversion to its own terrorism, a historic tactic* of which is assassination.
*Lenin's brother, Aleksander, was hung in 1887 for his role in a plot to assassinate Tsar Alexander III. The plot was foiled by the police.